“The Day My Faith in the Law Was Broken, a New Responsibility Was Born”


 “The Day My Faith in the Law Was Broken, a New Responsibility Was Born”

The Journey from a Victim Law Student to a Survivor Leader and a Lawyer Helping Others

My name is Raunak Kumar Yadav. I am 35 years old. I am a resident of Garidih Road village, Koderma district, Jharkhand. My father’s name is Vijay Kumar Yadav. I was a law student and am now practising law.

Since childhood, I had a deep faith in the law and the justice system. I believed that the law was the strength of the weak and the greatest weapon against injustice. My dream was to complete my legal education and stand with poor, vulnerable and oppressed people whose voices are often silenced.

But an incident on 10 January 2026 deeply affected this faith and my confidence.

That day, I went to Koderma Police Station in connection with pursuing the case of one of my neighbours. As a law student, I had gone there to represent the concerns of the victim’s side. I expected the police to listen to me and provide assistance according to the law.

But after reaching the police station, I was treated in a way I had never imagined.

I was made to sit inside the police station for approximately 30 minutes. When I was about to leave, police personnel surrounded me. I was pushed, manhandled and abused.

Threatening me, they said:

“You think you are a big law student? A law student will not come to the police station. For now, we have only abused and pushed you. If you are seen at the police station again, we will have you killed and thrown away.”

That day, I felt that all my dreams and my self-respect had broken at the same time.

The very law that I had always believed was the strength of the weak had left me feeling unsafe among those who were supposed to uphold it.

Even after leaving the police station, I continued to tremble for a long time. The fear of the incident stayed with me. For many nights, I could not sleep properly. Again and again, I remembered the same voices, the threats and the humiliation.

I also submitted a written complaint regarding the incident to Superintendent of Police Anudeep Singh. I hoped that my complaint would be investigated and that I would receive justice. But time passed, and I did not receive the justice I had expected.

Meeting Omkar Ji — A New Beginning

During this difficult period, I met Omkar Ji.

At that time, I was deeply distressed. The incident had affected my mind and my confidence.

After meeting Omkar Ji and the organisation’s staff, for the first time I felt that someone was willing to listen to me and stand beside me.

First, I received legal support from the organisation. I was helped to understand my case, know my rights and move forward through the legal process.

After that, I received Testimonial Therapy.

For me, this was a very important experience.

I expressed the incident that had happened to me and the pain associated with it through my own words. Speaking about my story and listening to it again was not easy for me. But gradually, I began to feel that the fear and pain buried inside me were coming out through my words.

I realised:

Being a victim is not my identity. My voice also matters.

Respect Gave Me Back My Confidence

After this, the organisation honoured me in the presence of others.

For me, it was not simply an honour ceremony. It was an important moment in regaining the self-respect that had been deeply wounded by the incident.

Gradually, I began to regain my confidence. I started to believe that I could see my experience not as a weakness, but as a responsibility to contribute towards change.

11 August 2026 — Survivor Alliance Changed My Perspective

Another important milestone in my journey came on 11 August 2026, when I had the opportunity to participate in the Survivor Alliance programme.

Seeing around 400 survivors together created a new curiosity and perspective within me.

I realised that many people, like me, had gone through violence, injustice and difficult circumstances in their lives. Yet they were still standing with their voices and working for change.

Seeing them, a question arose in my mind:

“If I can help another survivor because of what I have experienced, why should I not do so?”

This programme gave me a new direction.

Meeting Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi — A New Responsibility

After this, I had the opportunity to meet the organisation’s founder, Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi Ji.

He saw my work, my experiences and my efforts to help others. Understanding my morale and commitment to this work, he entrusted me with the responsibility of becoming the State Coordinator for Koderma, Jharkhand.

For me, this was a very significant change.

Not long ago, I was myself a victim, searching for justice for my own case. Now I had been given the responsibility of reaching out to other survivors, listening to them and helping connect them with available support and legal processes.

Today, I Am Helping Others

Today, I am practising law. But the experience I received through the organisation has given my professional work a new direction.

Now, when a survivor comes to me with a problem, I do not listen only as a lawyer. I also try to understand the pain, fear and helplessness behind their situation.

To the best of my ability, I provide free legal assistance and guidance to survivors in need and support them in moving forward through the justice process.

For me, this transformation is very important.

Earlier, I used to think: When will I get justice?
Today, I think: How can I help another person move forward on the path to justice?

The greatest change that the organisation’s support has brought into my life is that I did not allow my pain to become my weakness.

The Impact of My Journey

Before:

Fear, humiliation, mental stress and disappointment about receiving justice.

Support from the Organisation:

Legal support, Testimonial Therapy, recognition and the opportunity to connect with other survivors through the Survivor Alliance.

The Change:

Greater self-confidence, the courage to raise my voice and greater sensitivity towards the rights of others.

Today:

Alongside my legal practice, I provide free legal assistance and guidance, to the best of my ability, to survivors in need. I also serve as the State Coordinator for Koderma, Jharkhand, helping other survivors.

Raunak’s Story

The story of Raunak Kumar shows that with appropriate support, a person who has experienced injustice can move beyond their own suffering and become a source of support and a voice for others.

The person whose faith in the law and the system was once shaken is today practising law as his profession and helping people in need.

“Earlier, I was searching for justice for myself. Today, I try to ensure that another survivor like me does not feel alone in their struggle.”

Raunak’s journey is still continuing.

But now, he is not standing only for himself. He is also standing for those who need legal assistance, guidance and support to raise their voices.

From being a victim to becoming a Survivor Leader — this is Raunak Kumar’s journey of transformation.

 

जिस दिन मेरा कानून पर भरोसा टूटा, उसी दिन एक नई जिम्मेदारी का जन्म हुआ 

एक पीड़ित विधि छात्र से Survivor Leader और दूसरों की मदद करने वाले वकील तक की यात्रा 

मेरा नाम रौनक कुमार यादव है। मेरी उम्र 35 वर्ष है। मैं ग्राम गरिडीह रोड, जिला कोडरमा, झारखंड का निवासी हूँ। मेरे पिता का नाम विजय कुमार यादव है। मैं विधि का छात्र रहा हूँ और अब वकालत की प्रैक्टिस कर रहा हूँ।बचपन से ही मेरा कानून और न्याय व्यवस्था में गहरा विश्वास रहा है। मेरा मानना था कि कानून कमजोर लोगों की ताकत है और अन्याय के खिलाफ सबसे बड़ा हथियार है। मेरा सपना था कि कानून की पढ़ाई पूरी करके उन गरीब, मजबूर और पीड़ित लोगों के लिए खड़ा होऊँ, जिनकी आवाज अक्सर दबा दी जाती है।

लेकिन 10 जनवरी 2026 की एक घटना ने मेरे इस विश्वास और आत्मविश्वास को गहराई से प्रभावित किया।उस दिन मैं अपने एक पड़ोसी के मामले की पैरवी के सिलसिले में कोडरमा थाना गया था। मैं एक विधि छात्र के रूप में पीड़ित पक्ष की बात रखने गया था। मुझे उम्मीद थी कि पुलिस मेरी बात सुनेगी और कानून के अनुसार सहयोग करेगी।

लेकिन थाना पहुंचने के बाद मेरे साथ ऐसा व्यवहार हुआ जिसकी मैंने कभी कल्पना नहीं की थी। मुझे लगभग 30 मिनट तक थाने में बैठाकर रखा गया इसके बाद जब मैं वहां से जाने लगा तो पुलिसकर्मियों ने मुझे घेर लिया। मेरे साथ धक्का-मुक्की की गई और गालियां दी गईं।मुझे धमकी देते हुए कहा गयाबहुत बड़े विधि के छात्र बनते हो? थाना में विधि का छात्र नहीं आएगा। अभी तो सिर्फ गाली और धक्का दिया है, अगली बार थाना में दिखे तो जान से मरवा कर फेंक देंगे।उस दिन मुझे लगा कि मेरे सारे सपने और मेरा आत्मसम्मान एक साथ टूट गए हैं।जिस कानून को मैं कमजोर लोगों की ताकत मानता था, उसी कानून से जुड़े लोगों के बीच मैं खुद को असुरक्षित महसूस कर रहा था।

थाने से बाहर निकलने के बाद भी मैं काफी समय तक कांपता रहा। घटना का डर मेरे मन में बैठ गया। कई रातों तक मैं ठीक से सो नहीं पाया। बार-बार वही आवाजें, वही धमकियां और वही अपमान याद आते थे।मैंने घटना की लिखित शिकायत पुलिस अधीक्षक अनुदीप सिंह को भी दी। मुझे उम्मीद थी कि मेरी शिकायत पर जांच होगी और मुझे न्याय मिलेगा, लेकिन समय बीतता गया और मुझे अपेक्षित न्याय नहीं मिला। 

ओमकार जी से मुलाकातएक नई शुरुआत 

इसी कठिन दौर में मेरी मुलाकात ओमकार जी से हुई। उस समय मैं बहुत परेशान था। घटना का असर मेरे मन और आत्मविश्वास पर था।ओमकार जी और संस्था के स्टाफ से मुलाकात के बाद मुझे पहली बार लगा कि कोई मेरी बात सुनने और मेरे साथ खड़े होने के लिए तैयार है।सबसे पहले संस्था की ओर से मुझे लीगल सपोर्ट दिया गया। मुझे अपने मामले को समझने, अपने अधिकारों को जानने और कानूनी प्रक्रिया में आगे बढ़ने में सहयोग मिला।

इसके बाद मुझे टेस्टिमोनियल थेरेपी दी गई।

मेरे लिए यह अनुभव बहुत महत्वपूर्ण था। मैंने अपने साथ हुई घटना और उससे जुड़े दर्द को अपनी बातों में व्यक्त किया। अपनी कहानी को बोलना और उसे दोबारा सुनना मेरे लिए आसान नहीं था, लेकिन धीरे-धीरे मुझे महसूस हुआ कि मेरे अंदर दबा हुआ डर और दर्द शब्दों के माध्यम से बाहर रहा है।मुझे एहसास हुआ कि पीड़ित होना मेरी पहचान नहीं है। मेरी आवाज भी महत्वपूर्ण है।

 

सम्मान ने वापस दिया आत्मविश्वास 

इसके बाद संस्था की ओर से मुझे लोगों के बीच सम्मानित किया गया।

यह मेरे लिए सिर्फ एक सम्मान समारोह नहीं था। मेरे लिए यह उस आत्मसम्मान को वापस पाने का एक महत्वपूर्ण क्षण था, जिसे उस घटना ने गहराई से चोट पहुंचाई थी।

धीरे-धीरे मेरे अंदर फिर से विश्वास पैदा होने लगा कि मैं अपने अनुभव को कमजोरी नहीं, बल्कि बदलाव की दिशा में एक जिम्मेदारी के रूप में देख सकता हूँ। 

11 अगस्त 2026—Survivor Alliance ने बदली सोच 

मेरी यात्रा में एक और महत्वपूर्ण पड़ाव 11 अगस्त 2026 को आया, जब मुझे Survivor Alliance के कार्यक्रम में शामिल होने का अवसर मिला।वहाँ लगभग 400 सर्वाइवर्स को एक साथ देखकर मेरे मन में एक नई जिज्ञासा और सोच पैदा हुई।मैंने महसूस किया कि मेरी तरह बहुत से लोग अपने जीवन में हिंसा, अन्याय और कठिन परिस्थितियों से गुजरे हैं। लेकिन वे आज भी अपनी आवाज के साथ खड़े हैं और बदलाव के लिए काम कर रहे हैं।

उन्हें देखकर मेरे मन में सवाल उठा|

अगर मैं अपने अनुभव के बाद किसी दूसरे पीड़ित की मदद कर सकता हूँ, तो मुझे ऐसा क्यों नहीं करना चाहिए?”इस कार्यक्रम ने मेरे अंदर एक नई दिशा पैदा की।

 

डॉ. लेनिन रघुवंशी से मुलाकातएक नई जिम्मेदारी 

इसके बाद मुझे संस्था के संस्थापक डॉ. लेनिन रघुवंशी जी से मिलने का अवसर मिला।

उन्होंने मेरे काम, मेरे अनुभव और दूसरों की मदद करने के मेरे प्रयासों को देखा। उन्होंने मेरे मनोबल और कार्य के प्रति प्रतिबद्धता को समझते हुए मुझे कोडरमा, झारखंड का स्टेट कोऑर्डिनेटर बनने की जिम्मेदारी दी।मेरे लिए यह बहुत बड़ा बदलाव था। कुछ समय पहले तक मैं खुद एक पीड़ित था, जो अपने लिए न्याय की तलाश कर रहा था। अब मुझे जिम्मेदारी मिली कि मैं दूसरे पीड़ितों तक पहुंचूँ, उनकी बात सुनूँ और उन्हें उपलब्ध सहायता एवं कानूनी प्रक्रियाओं से जोड़ने में सहयोग करूँ। 

आज मैं खुद दूसरों की मदद कर रहा हूँ 

आज मैं वकालत की प्रैक्टिस कर रहा हूँ। लेकिन संस्था से मिले अनुभव ने मेरे काम को एक नई दिशा दी है।

अब जब कोई पीड़ित व्यक्ति मेरे पास अपनी समस्या लेकर आता है, तो मैं केवल एक वकील के रूप में उसकी बात नहीं सुनता। मैं यह भी समझने की कोशिश करता हूँ कि उसके दर्द, डर और असहायता के पीछे क्या है।मैं अपनी क्षमता के अनुसार जरूरतमंद पीड़ितों को निःशुल्क कानूनी सहायता और मार्गदर्शन देता हूँ और उन्हें न्याय की प्रक्रिया में आगे बढ़ने में सहयोग करता हूँ।मेरे लिए यह बदलाव बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है।पहले मैं सोचता था कि मुझे न्याय कब मिलेगा।आज मैं सोचता हूँ कि मैं किसी दूसरे व्यक्ति को न्याय की राह पर आगे बढ़ने में कैसे मदद कर सकता हूँ।मेरे जीवन में संस्था के सहयोग से आया सबसे बड़ा बदलाव यही है कि मैंने अपने दर्द को अपनी कमजोरी नहीं बनने दिया। 

मेरी यात्रा का प्रभाव 

पहले:डर, अपमान, मानसिक तनाव और न्याय मिलने को लेकर निराशा। 

संस्था का सहयोग:

लीगल सपोर्ट, टेस्टिमोनियल थेरेपी, सम्मान और Survivor Alliance के माध्यम से दूसरे सर्वाइवर्स से जुड़ने का अवसर।

बदलाव:

आत्मविश्वास में वृद्धि, अपनी आवाज रखने का साहस और दूसरों के अधिकारों के प्रति अधिक संवेदनशीलता।

आज:

वकालत की प्रैक्टिस के साथ जरूरतमंद पीड़ितों को अपनी क्षमता के अनुसार निःशुल्क कानूनी सहायता और मार्गदर्शन देना तथा कोडरमा, झारखंड के स्टेट कोऑर्डिनेटर के रूप में अन्य सर्वाइवर्स की मदद करना। 

रौनक की कहानी 

रौनक कुमार की कहानी दिखाती है कि उचित सहयोग मिलने पर एक पीड़ित व्यक्ति अपनी पीड़ा से आगे बढ़कर दूसरों के लिए सहारा और आवाज बन सकता है।

जिस व्यक्ति का कभी कानून और व्यवस्था से विश्वास डगमगा गया था, आज वही व्यक्ति कानून को अपने पेशे के रूप में अपनाकर जरूरतमंद लोगों की मदद कर रहा है।

पहले मैं अपने लिए न्याय की तलाश कर रहा था। आज मैं कोशिश करता हूँ कि मेरी तरह किसी दूसरे पीड़ित को अपनी लड़ाई में अकेला महसूस करना पड़े।

रौनक की यात्रा अभी जारी है। लेकिन अब वह केवल अपने लिए नहीं, बल्कि उन लोगों के लिए भी खड़े हैं जिन्हें कानूनी सहायता, मार्गदर्शन और अपनी आवाज उठाने के लिए सहयोग की जरूरत है।

एक पीड़ित से Survivor Leader तक यही रौनक कुमार की बदलाव की यात्रा है।

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report on Health Camp for Survivors of Torture and Their Families

Defending Truth Under Fire: The Case of Yambem Laba, NHRC’s Intervention, and the Ongoing Battle for Human Rights in Manipur

Comprehensive Report on Human Rights Defenders’ Training Programme